Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Wow... two years already. Two years since my Mrs. and I tied the knot (loves ya, C!). A marital fetus, yet, I know... but the time does seem to fly. In honour of the day, here's the "setlist" of our wedding. We made our own wedding CDs and put them on blanks that look like vinyl. Kinda cool. We listened to them while driving to Summerside today. So, here they are!

Notable things of the day:

I like car warranties. I like that I had a new strut put on my car, and I got my car washed, all for nothing. Centennial Honda is great. If only Charlottetown's Honda dealership had all the same people there...
I just hope I can get a CD I bought today and left in the courtesy car back. Is it ironic that it was a used copy of Aimee Mann's "I'm With Stupid"? Definitely more ironic than Alanis' idea of irony anyway.

Ever see an ad for that mushroom swiss burger at DQ? In the name of everything that's holy, don't eat it. I thought it looked good. It was like... a pretty regular blob of beef, topped with greasy mayonnaise mixed with mushroom juice. No mushrooms that I felt (I dared not look after tasting it)... just juice. When it dripped on its wrapper it looked like pigeon crap. I usually find something good in everything. In this, there was nothing. I left DQ feeling unimpressed and nauseous, wishing I'd had a regular good ol' DQ burger.

This bad meal was fixed by a great lupper (lunch+supper) at the Preserve Company in New Glasgow. Nice place, with good prices and good food. A nice dill & veggie wrap balanced out the grease in the ol' gut. It came with a few chips and salsa. The salsa was peach salsa, which was excellent. Both desserts were also fab, and well priced, both under $4!

Finally... do remember to clean your cat's litter regularly should you have one. Our cat's got a bit too full for his liking this morning, I think. My wife found him in the bathroom, precariously perched like a mountain goat inside of a small potted floor plant. It's only about 6-8 inches in diamter, so he fit in, but the super-soaker pee-stream didn't. He did well to go to the bathroom, I guess... but to stand in a plant and pee on the floor was too funny. I liked how when we found him, he just looked at us, unflinchingly, and kept peeing. He peed a lot! I had no idea he drank that much water. He must be sneaking more pawfuls from the toilet than we see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home