Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, August 04, 2005

This IS "Old School"... Stray Cats.


Keeping with this literal "old school"theme... I give you stray cats. No, not the old "Stary Cat Strut" of Brian Setzer's group, but real stray cats. There were a couple of entries before it, about the tilt-a-whirl, and Halloween, but this one was better. It reads, "Stray cats sometimes live in dumps. It is not a very pleasant life, but it's OK for stray cats." Long before our province had Waste Watch, we had dumps. Just put your crap in the car and drive it to the local dirt hole. Leave all your crap there, hazardous or not, for free. It was a good deal, except for the environment, and maybe the dump's inhabitants. I like how I worded my entry... that it wasn't a pleasant life, but it was OK for stray cats. It was like I devalued their little mangy lives, so living that way was ok for them, just not "normal" cats. If you click on the picture, you can also see how I drew a wild-eyed kitty hunkered down in some wee waste crater. Maybe I saw this one day at the dump and it weirded me out. Who knows. Perhaps it was the half-rabbit half-cat thing that people said lived there. I don't know. I only heard of this "cabbit" yesterday from a cousin. Perhaps I should make a return to the area in search of a "cabbit trail".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home