Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, August 23, 2005


The Trews: Den of Thieves.

Voici mon autographed cover of Le Trews' latest disque compact. I like The Trews. They rock in a classic-rock-sound way, and have good energy. Plus, they're kind of local, so that's a plus. Their Gordie Johnson connection is also a plus. Their last CD was good, but I found it wasn't one I took with me all the time or played the bejeezus out of. While I only got this one yesterday, this one seems to be about the same for me. They've tried a few new things, like horns, for example, but it's still got their sound. On a couple of songs, I found myself thinking, "Oh, they should have done this / done that differently". There's nothing that's too daring or too much of a stretch. Overall, so far, I like it. It rocks out, and there are some cool things they've done on it. However, I don't know if it's the songs or the sound, but I find it only semi-memorable. For me, they're kind of like the Black Crowes. I like 'em, but the wows are a spotty (and not overall) thing. On DoT, they're good, but not outstanding. I'd give it about a 7 out of 10. Good, but no classic. I think they have it in them, but this one isn't it. On a brighter note, I think the songs they have here may be enough to make a headlining show of theirs more interesting the whole way through. They used to peter out interest-wise after about a half-hour, but that mightn't happen now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home