Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Friday, October 28, 2005


I'm sure this was on the minds of all youngin's my age... way back when Thriller came out (it was the first actual album I remember coming out... it was an event!). When the epic video for Thriller aired, it was uber-cool. It had Michael, dancing, and best of all, horror and zombies! It was, like, the best Halloween-themed video ever, and it was really long to boot! I can pretty much visualize the whole thing in my mind still... Mike's girly voice explaining how he's "different", his transformation, the chase, the grave, the dancin', the music-less zombie house, with the undead tearing away boards and walls, Mike's evil eyes at the end, and don't forget Vincent Price! It was a classic. There wasn't a ton of stuff I liked to write about back then, but this was worthy, and still is. Check out my detailed drawings, complete with zombies in the house, and zombie-Mike with that wicked jacket! I also like how I said he "turd into a wear wolf". Ah, unintentional humour...

Check out this excellent version of the video, as done with Lego and stop-motion movie-making.

http://www.koreus.com/files/200408/lego_thriller.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting that we're not the same age, Steve...not that I'm putting years on you but I consider us contemoraries, ya know? Similar interests and all that stuff. I was well past the "turd into a wear wolf" (HA!) level of writing when Thriller came out. Luckily, my junior high bedroom walls were not covered with MJ posters, as I had started out my "ardent fan" life style as a devout Durannie...

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home