Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, January 31, 2006


As I put off planning for a substitute for Thursday, I'm thinking of a few things that randomly ran through my mind today...

While listening to my newly purchased used CD copy of "He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper", I came across a quote from it that I'm sure Will Smith would never say now. It's a live cut, from Union Square in '86. He was just 17 at the time, I think. He tries to get the crowd to cheer, by saying things like "All the ugly people be quiet", and "All the girls that don't like guys be quiet"... then, at the end of the commands is, "All the homeboys that got AIDS be quiet." Man... you couldn't say that and get away with a squeaky clean rep anymore. It's kind of odd how I don't ever recall anyone taking issue with it.

You know how our bodies are like a tube, right? You know, there's an opening starting at our mouth that goes to our stomach and intestines and... well... you know. I wonder, if all muscles were relaxed, and enough pressure was put behind it, could a steady stream of air get forced through a human body? Something to think about...

I suppose I'm just thinking of random things as today was a busy day for me at school and after school. I had to go back into town quickly to go to Dr. Mitton's office, to get my prescriptions. I got me some (I assume rancid) mouthwash, and painkillers. You see, I am having all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled on Thursday morning. I've never been "put under" before, and I'm interested (ie, nervous) in how it'll seem and how I'll feel after it's over. This whole being put to sleep thing is an odd concept to me. I also hope I don't frig up any of the oral care after I get home. I don't want any complications. I just hope there isn't much swelling or pain, and no bruising. I don't ask for much. There's all kinds of things I'm curious about when it comes to this procedure. I'll spare you my queries, though. I guess I'd better go write up my sub plan for Thursday. Blah. Getting ready for someone else to teach your classes is a pain in the arse. I wonder if I can somehow be put to sleep while the plans are getting made... now THAT I could go for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your wisdom teeth, Steve....I smell Photo Essay... :)

Colleen

7:16 am  
Blogger Tamara said...

Getting put under is great... when I got them out I didn't even SEE Dr Mitton, just the nurses and my mom practically carrying me to the car afterward. I slept a lot after, the drugs came in handy but when you run out it hurts like hell for a couple days.
Anyway that's my wisdom teeth story. Oh yeah, if you can, get hooked up with a plastic syringe so you can flush water into the holes and push any food pieces out, I found the mouthwash didn't work half as well.
Good luck!

11:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home