Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, January 03, 2006


No Stairway to Heaven.

I just read two of 100 interesting facts. One is sad, and one is stupid.
This sad one reads,
"28. The British buy the most compact discs in the world - an average of 3.2 per year, compared to 2.8 in the US and 2.1 in France."
Still... only 3.2? I can't imagine having so little music. It's incomprehensible. It's inhumane. It's Inconceivable (yes, I thinkthe word means what I think it means)! I know I buy or receive more than the average person by a long shot (probably about one a week since I got my first CD player)... but only 3-4 discs a year? Wow. That's boring.

The stupid one reads,
"100. Musical instrument shops must pay an annual royalty to cover shoppers who perform a recognisable riff before they buy, thereby making a "public performance"".
Doesn't that seem a bit much? I think artists should get all they have coming to them, but this is ridiculous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home