Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

So... how'd tonight's Idol go? Better than I thought it would! Not many surprises, though.

Chris picked a familiar and popular tune, and sang it very well. That ascot was horrendous, though. He's safe, despite it.

This is a night where Paris could've slayed 'em all. She did well, but she didn't have a "moment", though. I really like her jazziness, and how she sounds when she sings the classic stuff, but at the same time, she does some stylistic things that I don't like. I think they detract from the song... too different from the rest of her vocals. Too lilty or something. Still a good job, though.

Taylor picked a good song, but a pretty bland one, really, for a show like this. There isn't much variety to the lyrics or melody, especially at the beginning. At the end, he put some "oomph" into it, and it was good overall. I found it a bit too relaxed to really slay, though.

I thought Elliott sang his song really, really well. I don't get what Simon was saying about personality. I thought Elliott kind of turned himself around appearance-wise tonight. Unfortunately, Simon saw fit to balance things out and make a bad comment about someone, just for the sake of making a bad comment, I think. It's true... people may not like him as much as others, but it had nothing to do with his performance.

Kellie started very well, I thought. Then I started to notice her glaring lack of body movement / involvement. Then she started to race ahead of the music, and suck pretty badly. I feel bad for her. She seems so sorry when she stinks. Her personality, looks, and sympathy may keep her in this week, though. She's got that lone country vote now. Still... she may go home based solely on tonight.


Which one is the real Ace? Can you tell the difference? I dunno if I can...

Ace. Ick, ick, ick. Egad, that slicked-back guido hair was disgustipating. He looked just like Jean-Claude Van Damme, or Rob Van Dam, with that greasy ponytail. I don't know what the judges heard tonight here. I don't think he totally butchered it, but I found it sounded sloppy and poor. The music and what Ace was singing just didn't gel. Again... fire bad, Ace bad. Easy to judge.

Again, Katharine alllllmost had her "moment" this week. It was closer this week, too. She had a couple notes that almost had a country twang to them, and one other faintly weak spot. Overall, she did really well, but those minor things detract from any possible magic performance. Seems like the cameraman and lighting guys are really pullin' for her, though, eh? Two words: "extreme closeup!" It was almost like some hybrid of Wayne's World and American Idol. She sounded good tonight, and looked good. Overall, probably the most captivating performance. Maybe not the best vocally or the most entertaining... but the most Idol-esque. If she keeps it up, she'll win.

I think I'll stick with my bottom three of Kellie, Ace, and Elliott ('cause Simon screwed him over).

Time to listen to a real powerhouse now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home