Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

So... turns out I was right about everything this year. Woohoo! The last three bands to be announced for this year's Festival of Lights were indeed Hedley, Theory of a Dead Man, and Three Days Grace. Disgusted? No. Thrilled? No. Buy tickets for this second night? No. I just bought a pair of tickets for the June 30th show, with Mays, Roberts, and The Hip. Comes to $82.39 or something like that with taxes. I figured it was a better deal than having to pay $110.64 for both nights. I guess, in a way, an extra $14+ bucks each to see the other three bands is pretty good, now that I think of it, but I just don't really want to see any of them. So, I took the money I "saved" and bought the latest CDs from Ron Sexsmith and Ron Hynes. It's Ron day!


It stinks that there's no third night of concerts this year. Every year of the FoL so far has always been 3 nights + free music on Canada Day. I hope it goes back to three nights next year. Canada Day is free again, though, as it should be. The acts for CD are pretty good, too. Joel Plaskett, Two Hours Traffic, and Lennie Gallant. I'm excited about Joel, 'cause I love his solo stuff and haven't seen him since I saw him with Thrush Hermit, I'm curious about THT, 'cause I hear they're good, they're local, and Joel produces them, and I'm curious a bit about local Lennie, too. I want to see how he's survived and apparently made a living all these years. I've never quite grasped why he was successful.

So... one night of paid fun, and one night of free fun. It'll be great anyway. Woohoo!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,
I'm of the same opinion as you - I bought my ticket for the Friday night show and will definitely see Joel Plaskett on Saturday (and Lennie Gallant - believe it or not, it was my very first time to see him at the ECMAs this year and I rather enjoyed him!). I'm not up for the Sundays performances.

The NEXT Sunday is Matt at the Jazz and Blues festival...as luck would have it I have a wedding to attend on the Saturday, so heck, while I'm on the Island... :)

Hope to see you at the shows!

How's the renos going? I envy you your lovely views - beautiful spot. And now that I know where you're at, next time I'm going to the Trailside...YOU'RE COMING!

Colleen

10:35 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Who knows... no concrete plans for J&B Fest yet, but it's possible.
The renos are coming pretty good... all the hardwood flooring we're going to do is done! We just have to put some doors back up, trim, and baseboards. A lot of it needs to be trimmed now, though... and painted. Once we all get some time again to go back to it, it'll look all nice & finished. We have some wall painting to do, too... 4 windows that're waiting to be installed, and all the work that goes with them, too. Not nearly done yet! Plus, this is the last month of school, and other stuff's going on that's taking our time and taking a toll on us, too... it's busy & tiring!
Yeah, we like our place, too. Close to town, but 99% country anyway. I've been checking to see who's at Trailside, but they don't have a list up yet (I'd like it if Hynes came).

7:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.trailside.ca/music.htm

You got your wish! :)

CB

6:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home