Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, July 24, 2006

Déjà vu, translated, means "already seen". Seems to me, I can hardly look at one of k.d. Lang's album covers without getting this feeling. Sometimes, the feeling isn't so strong. You know, maybe something along these lines:



You know, it's not a perfect fit. The colours aren't even the same. It's just the same mood.



Or with these, things seem to match a little better... the arrangement, the colours. It's about now that things start to get a little freaky.



It's like, whoa, k.d. You're looking a bit like Nigel Kennedy here, but where'd that PJ Harvey hair come from? The look, the colour...
Then, BAM!



Sweet merciful crap... are k.d. and Dave the same person? The lighting effect, the mood... even the freakin' font and font colour are practically identical. Then, timberrrrr...



Similar font and font colour, and... if you take away the stone barrier... is that the same tree from a different angle? Boy, these two really give that "already seen" feeling. I'd thought this about a couple or few of Lang's covers in the past, and it was brought to the surface again for me recently when she released her new compilation CD:



This one's just an obvious conscious effort. But why? Why would you ever cover a cover? Besides, The Clash already did this one.

Well, I hope you learned a little, here. About what, I don't know. So maybe I hope you just enjoyed it. As long as you learned a little here, it's worthwhile. I don't know what you learned about, though, so I at least hope you enjoyed this. Get that déjà vu feeling? I thought so.

If you see other covered covers, feel free to send 'em along!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home