Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, September 25, 2006


It's like I gave myself a present from the future! As if I'd somehow been able to use McFly's De Lorean to speed into the future, order my past self a present, and then doubleback to the past, ie, the present, just in time to get the present! Get it?

Emm Gryner has a new CD coming out tomorrow, you see, and I have it now. Some of Emm's more recent stuff wasn't as much for me (all-cover "Girl Versions" and "Songs of Love and Death"). I like my Emm to be original. Imagine my delight this summer when I saw that she was selling pre-orders of her new CD, which came with a special CD to boot! Woot!

Allow me to show them to you briefly:


This is the inside cover of the CD, ie, the back of the booklet.

With the pre-order of this CD, "The Summer of High Hopes", came a cool new CD called "PVT" (short for private). You see, Emm had lost rights to her first (and only) major-label CD, "Public".



After years of being cut-off from that album, she recently regained rights to it. To celebrate the event, she re-recorded the whole thing (and boy does it sound different... and good!), and called it "PVT".


I've only listened through each CD once since I got home, and just on my computer, but both discs sound great. "PVT" is a totally different album than "Public". "The Summer of High Hopes" is good, better than I had even expected, and has some killer tunes on it. I'll have to post a proper review sometime later.

I'll end this by saying that I've just loved Emm since the first time I met her almost eight years ago. I don't get to see her often enough, here on PEI, but when I do, it's always great. I also really admire her D.I.Y., personal touch on, and approach to, everything she does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home