Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Well, that's the end of an era of sorts. For years, now, we've had a fish tank, with everything from various fish species in it (including some live-birth babies), to frogs, snails, and a crab. When I got my Mrs. the tank and fish for Christmas, she originally said she would do all the feeding and cleaning. I don't know how long that lasted, but it wasn't long at all. I became the aquatic caregiver. A pain, but at least we had some cool fish to watch.

When we moved, the tank got moved from living room display to kitchen duty. I liked it there, but we didn't get to watch / enjoy them much there. The light was hardly ever on, the time between cleanings could get longer (though it's generally a very clean tank anyway), and they were almost out of sight, out of mind.


This morning, we had two hardy fish left. An iridescent shark, and a red rainbow. Tonight, we have none. My Mrs. decided she'd rather have an empty corner in the kitchen than fish now, so she called a friend to see if she wanted them. She didn't have room, but she had a friend who did. So, a friendly stranger came with our friend tonight, and took our two last fish.

They didn't even have names (sad, I know), but I kind of miss them and miss having a working aquarium in the home. I hope they adjust well and thrive wherever they are now. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home