Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, December 25, 2006

Hi diddly-ho-ho-ho there, fellow bloggerinos!

Wowzers! Christmas has once again come and gone in a whiz-bang flash, like some wee eruption of a Canadian Tire Christmas cracker in a neighbouring room unexpectedly. It's somewhat of a startle, almost, and you hardly got to experience it!

I see a couple of peeps still checked me out yesterday and today. Bless ya, you net-lovers, you. I appreciate it.

A sign at a nearby church has some pretty thoughtful / amusing sayings each week. This week's was something along the lines of "God so loved us that he sent his only son". It got me to thinking... if this was some mob movie, that wouldn't cut it. The world would be insulted. We'd be like, "What the Hell? Things are pretty fucked up down here right now, man. We need YOU. Why'd you send us your son? You could be waking up tomorrow with a horse head on the cloud next to you." Of course, God isn't a mob hitman, and things don't work like that with him. It was all about the humbling, with Jesus becoming human amongst us, helpin' as much as he could. But, still... it was a thought I thought.

Last year, my folks' new parish priest (who loves kids and lives for gettin' them involved) brought out a birthday cake with the kiddies and led the congregation in a singing of "Happy Birthday, dear Jesus". That was a first. This year, he did it again. He also one-upped himself, by (after the birthday song) saying to the kids, "How about three cheers for Jesus? Hip-hip... hooray! Hip-hip... hooray! Hip-hip... hooray! That wasn't loud enough... I think we can do better. Hip-hip...". I shit you not. I think it's pretty unorthodox and funny. I figure, next year will bring "For He's a Jolly Good Saviour".

So how did y'all make out this Christmas? I'll do a whole list some other time, with pics (what with the faster, normal blogging-computer being a 'net Nazi lately... "No 'net for you!") and all. Sorry there's no pics in this one. I miss 'em, too. For now, though, I'll tell you what I got music-wise (perhaps the usual most-important part of my haul).

Brett Dennen - "So Much More"
Jim Cuddy - "The Light That Guides You Home"
Ron Hynes - "Get Back Change"
Amos Lee - "Amos Lee"
Dayna Manning - "Folkyo" (signed to me, with a little note wohoo!) ;)
Raul Midon - "State Of Mind"
The Joel Plaskett Emergency - "Down At The Khyber" (so I don't have to get the vinyl of it out to enjoy it)
The Joel Plaskett Emergency - "Make A Little Noise" CD/DVD combo
Ron Sexsmith - "Time Being"
The Super Friendz - "Mock Up / Scale Down"

Lotsa musical goodness!

Like I said, I'll tell you 'bout the rest of the haul and anything else that needs telling later. Thanks for stoppin' 'round, and Merry Christmas! (I wonder if anyone ever tried to marry Christmas... probably not. Then Christmas probably wouldn't be merry... ba-dum-ching! Just kidding. Marriage is fine!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm loving that Jim Cuddy album. He toured with a guy named Justin Rutledge - if you can find his album, I strongly recommend picking it up. It's on Buffy the iPod's permaplay...

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home