Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It wasn't to be for today. We got a delay, but no cancellation. How rude! Well, I guess it wasn't really rude. It was the right call, I suppose, and gave me the needed time to do some scooping of snow and cleaning off of cars. This scooping just makes my stair-magnet back ache. Driving this morning wasn't great (especially on non-sanded and not-too-plowed secondary roads), but it wasn't even the worst this year. HOWEVER... there's supposed to be 5cm or so tonight, plus blowing snow... and then tomorrow = 10-15cm plus a snowsquall warning with those 50-70 kmh winds. Could the second try be the charm? Perhaps.

I recorded some new tunes plus a tune I've been wanting (American Woman 2006) off the radio yesterday with my new Sansa media player. Loves it.

So, I had my last dental appointment until July. Howoo! I mean, "Wohoo"! That first one was a typo, but I liked it. Anyhoo, I was a bit stressed since yesterday about the weather and if I was going to be able to make it to town in time. Time between when kids leave and my appointment: about 45 minutes. Normal weather time: about 45 minutes. Eek! Luckily, I lucked out. The roads were decent enough that I could get there on time. Slow down in the poor spots, pick up the pace in the good spots. Nobody ahead of me, and nobody tailing me (don't you hate that in winter weather?). So, got the teeth all cleaned and fluorided and whatnot. Got the gum health checked, and it's good! Better than last time, which was cool. I was hoping I'd see a difference with this daily flossing and fluoride/antibacterial mouthwash business that I've been good at keeping.

What else... hmm... perhaps THIS gigantic cornucopia of awesomeness!



I got this from a grand musical friend last week [you know who you are ;)]. I loves me my MattyMatty Matt Matt, ever since I first laid ears on 'im. Nice guy. Great musical taste & instincts, great playing, great voice, character... it just goes on & on. I didn't even know this disc existed until about a couple weeks ago. It's called "Live at Liberty House".It's all cover tunes, but the nice things about it are that: a) it's with other musicians, b) it's all ne'er recorded tunes by him, and c) it's intimate. From what I can tell, it looks / sounds like it's a recording of a Matt Andersen kitchen party. The song selection's great, and as I mentioned above, it helps (with his other two CDs) to give an idea of many of the tunes he does live and what they can sound like. It's a great documentation of a 12-song set of well-picked songs. Great CD, and it's autographed, too! Could it get any better? Nah.

4 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

PS - New visitors from: Lima, Ohio... Warsaw, Poland... Perugia, Italy... Haw River, North Carolina...Montral, Quebec (yes, MontrAl)... Who are these people?

Also, aside from a Sloan search leading someone here, a referring page today was http://gaydesires.blogspot.com/
Sweet mustard pickles, how the fuck did someone get here from there?

8:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://muppets.go.com/games/muppets-flyinggonzo.html

Played this game...immediately thought of you, Steve. :)

And WEEEEEE! It arrived! :D

Could it get any better? How 'bout that damn kitchen choir, huh, HUH???

9:07 pm  
Blogger Chunks said...

Colleen is like a crack dealer! Isn't it a fabulous CD? I got mine for Christmas and I just love it. His cover of I'm On Fire just about melts the drawers right off me! Oh oh, I've gone and said too much.

Glad to hear you got it and liked it too! He really is the shit!

12:06 am  
Blogger H said...

Lolz re: Stephanie Tanner. Plz inform me on how I can know who visits my blog as I have now become curious.

11:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home