Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Things are busy, yo.

Time is just flying right now, it seems. Our school's science fair is in about a month, and I am the sole teacher / organizer for it (a role I've not had before). I'm nervous that I won't get the kids to produce projects that are good enough, but I've heard some good project ideas, so I'm tentatively optimistic. Plus, I always have a backlog of stuff to check. Plus, parent-teacher interviews are in 2 weeks. Plus, winter carnival is next week. Plus, I have quizzes to make and give next week. Eek! Man, this job can be nutty.

I finally saw the "Dick in a Box" clip from SNL the other day. Too funny.



"Every single holiday, a dick in a box!"


I guess it'll be good to get back to my usual nonsensical / daily life style of post, given the flood of comments I got from my musical reviews / awards in the last two days. Ahem. Yeah. Plus, I have no pressure to be sensible and fair, so that's good.

Cyn. D. (AKA Parkdale Doris, her link's over <--- there) and I are going to play a game of squash sometime this week, if all works out. It's been so long since I played, which is sad. I so love the sport, and I pretty much went cold turkey (not by choice) since my regular playing partner moved away. I've never met Cynthia, but have enjoyed her bits on radio for years. This should be interesting. I just hope I can still be competitive and don't make a fool of myself, or too easy an opponent of myself. With any luck, I could be like The Eradicator! I'll def. let you know how this athletic return (I hope a regular one) and this first meeting goes. Kind of fun!



I'll leave you with a quote from a student's project today. "I nominate this women for the best looking dog award because... " Do you need any more than that? No, that's perfect just the way it is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

Did you see this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=3xElIik0Ys0

I've watched it over and over. It's insanely funny!

I couldn't be a teacher. I have the utmost respect for those of you that are. It's the hardest job ever.

1:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home