Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, February 22, 2007

"Being the first of your friends to move out, and everyone comes to your place and crashes and wrecks it"

There's so much beer
in the carpet in here

you can fall face down and keep drinkin'

It's covered in dust
and red with rust
and smoke is thickenin' the walls

The beer bottle ashtray's
been full since Friday

I took a swig without thinkin'

And it tasted as bad
as the taste I must've left in your mouth

I'm losin' everythin'
but it don't mean nothin'
to me anymore

Oh, we're too broke to break up

so put on some make up
We'll spend what we don't have drinkin'

We'll do it, on credit
Do it and forget it
just to keep us from thinkin' of how we're sinkin'


I'm losin' everythin'
but it don't mean nothin'
to me anymore

They're placin' bets on whether I survive
and pull myself out of this nosedive
This nosedive
Maybe you should drive
I'll make it out alive




http://www.theq.fm/?q=music
Video of Shaun Verreault chatting on a radio program, talking about solo and Wide Mouth Mason musical plans, and playing this new tune. Sounds like university. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

This is not one of my favorites. When I heard it a bit ago I thought it lacked the depth that his previous stuff has. I dunno. Maybe I just have "oldladyitis". I still love me some SV though!

1:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home