Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, February 05, 2007


I like looking at my sitemeter stats. A lot. I see where people are when they read me, when, how long, how they got here, how they leave. It's pretty cool (wee link @ bottom of page). The referrals / how they got here are the most interesting, perhaps. Like, what were strangers looking for when they got here? Well, a common one lately has been Emm Gryner and her song "Almighty Love" (my tune of the year), from her most recent (and excellent) album, Summer of High Hopes (nominee for my album of the year).


You see, Bono of U2 said in a fairly recent Q Magazine article that this tune is one he wishes he'd written. Right up there with Bob Dylan, you know? So, lotsa folks are searching about her, wondering who this gal (that I've known for over eight years) is. Fact - I was the first person to congratulate her on her first-ever Juno nomination in1999... true story. At any rate, the lyrics to this song are in the liner notes, but don't seem to be online anywhere. So... here. As a service to Emm and all her fans past, present, and potential, I give you the lyrics to this most excellent tune.

Emm Gryner - "Almighty Love"

You don't write back when you promise to
The moon has overdosed on nighttime
like me on you

I've got bars of your punk rock
Running through my veins
I've got symphonies and sirens
But no way to explain

You broke my life
in two different worlds
You move quicker than lighting
illuminates a girl

I've got the cigarettes you smoke
Burned into my brain
I've got sympathy and silence
But no way to explain

This almighty love
Can't deny it when it comes
But baby baby it's all wrong
This almighty love
Sometimes it seems enough
But baby baby it's all wrong

I saw a movie in your eyes
A long goodbye
I won't find a toxic angel like you
A second time

It's all wrong
It's all wrong
Just like this song
It's here for a minute or two
Then it disappears just like you
http://www.myspace.com/emmgryner (you can listen to this tune & others here!)
http://www.emmgryner.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

I love Emm Gryner, I saw her open for Jann Arden a couple of years ago and I thought she was wickedly talented. And quite cute, I can see why you wax poetic about her. heehee just ribbin' ya dude! She covered Pour Some Sugar on Me and I tell you, we all felt a little dirtier for it. :)

10:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home