Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, February 11, 2007

So, I finally picked up an FM transmitter for my Sansa yesterday. I got tired of searching online for what I wanted at a good price, so I just bit the bullet for once, went to Future Slop, and laid it down. $59.95 plus taxes. But, it does seem to work quite well. Easiest way to take dozens and dozens of CDs with me on the road! My only complaint is that it's a bit quiet (have to crank player and radio) and that some bass / low end seems to be lost. All-in-all, I guess I'm happy.

Still no reply from The Waltham Reader... although I may have a lead in that post's comments.

It feels like I'm getting a cold. This is no good. Bad timing. Parent-teacher interviews are this week. Things need to be checked, testing must be done, children must be reminded of science fair projects!

Environment Canada's gone bonkers. "Periods of snow" used to mean a day off school. Tomorrow, it means 2cm. At least it's not like down in NY or wherever. They got, what... 200cm? That's alotta snow.

Got Neil Young's Heart of Gold DVD from the library. That should be a good one to watch!

Picked up Half-life 2 and NHL 2007 (3-night rentals) yesterday, too. So far, HL2 is OK, even though the controls are a bit fast and loose. NHL '07 is a bit disappointing in how similar it is to the last one. That, and the controls. As Noel Gallagher may say, "They're right fooked, they are!" Why must they change everything year after year with the controls? Even when I reconfigure them, they're not quite the same. Ah well. I'll get used to it. I was surprised at some of the rookie players they had and didn't have, though. For example... don't have: Malkin, Staal, Latendresse, etc. Do have: Maxim Lapierre. Go figure.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have better luck with your FM transmitter than I did with mine...

At random, it will start at a low hum mixed within the song, then progressively get louder and louder until it reaches a 'feedback' level of screech, then it'll go dead.

Good times...

:\

6:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waltham says HI.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Hello, Waltham.
(makes me feel like a radio DJ)

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home