Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, March 25, 2007

One would think that, when on break, I would post even more than when I am at work. Everybody else would be right. I don't know why, but my free time just seems busier when there's less real work to do. I guess I'm mentally ready (just not prepared yet) to go back to school. It's only one more week, then it's (to be said very fast) Aprilmayjune! This time of year really does fly by. So, how'd I round out the arse-end of my break?

I went to the Tai Chi Garden with C, had an iced/milky/whatever papaya drink this time, hot & sour soup, and the rice combo. I don't even know if it came to $10. It was all good, and it was the first time I ever ate non-processed seaweed. Great place to eat. Good food at a good price.


I watched Howl's Moving Castle last night. I'd wanted to watch one of these "serious" Japanese cartoons for a while. It was a very good, original movie. Lots of inventive stuff, and some of the art was impressively beautiful (just Google it). It was kind of a nice change to watch something that wasn't entirely computer-animated, too. Maybe I'll try Spirited Away next.

I played a couple of new games: Destroy All Humans! 2, and Sid Meier's Pirates! I am finding the latter rather addictive. It's the kind of game that you could play for days on end, and replay over and over.

I downloaded a few tunes. When I say a few, I mean a few. I'm on dial-up here, people! All of 'em are listed on the left. They're all good tunes, but I'm finding Amy Winehouse particularly captivating. It's like someone took a sweet Motown sister and plunked her in this decade. It still sounds modern, but its instrumentation and sound are dripping with an old-time feel. Her voice is a huge part of that. It's amazing. Try "Addicted" or "Rehab". Use The Hype Machine or elbo.ws (on the left) to find 'em!

I made a pretty good supper last night. Penne pasta with shrimp and asparagus in a cream (and a little butter) sauce, with a little fresh parmesan melted in it, and a little to go on top. That's right, I can cook, too, bitches! Although it doesn't happen too often...

So, what'd I see in the news today?

Well, the Habs won, which is good, but so did other teams, leaving them no farther ahead, which is bad.


Ever read Calvin and Hobbes? I always loved his demented snowmen. Apparently, so did these people who recreated some of their faves.

Apparently, Wal-Mart has a container arrive in the US, on average, every 45 seconds. Only 5 % of them are checked. I don't know which fact is scarier.

Ever wonder the history of the word "slut"? Wonder no more!


A Rotten Ronnie's in Utah is goin' all Starbucks or ski lodge. Weird. Nice, though. I still think it's scary that, behind the Catholic Church, McDonald's apparently owns the most land in the world.
This game is too funny. Everyone should look at it. Colleen, you may find it addictive.

A group of prostitutes in BC is thinking of starting a co-op. It's an interesting idea, on their part. The line from the article that really makes one think is, "Job training would be provided...". Hmm. It also makes me think of that commercial where that one is saying in that heavy accent, "I love(s?) the Cowop!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home