Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Friday, March 02, 2007

Time to play "Next Question"! I was disappointed nobody asked me any questions about Ralph's Place to parallel Landsberg's Chez Paris questions, but that's OK. So... let's see what you've gotten out of me...

How DO they get the sweet creamy caramel inside the Caramilk bar?

I didn't Google this or anything, but I imagine that the bar is done in a couple of steps. I figure that the top part of the bar is upside down on a conveyor belt, and then caramel is squirted into the depressions (probably by some mass-squirting pipette device or something). After this, it's either placing a lid (the bottom) on it, and melding them together, or pouring chocolate over the top, then shaving off the excess after. Something like that. Yeah, that's it.

Have you ever been "out west"?
I have never been past Toronto.

Where did the shih tzu go?
C's folks have it. They were offered it first, anyway, and he goes everywhere with them, and they're home way more. Mainly, though, our cat's quality of life went way down when the dog came. He wasn't himself and was miserable. I could go on on this. The dog was quite needy, too. Yappy for fun and whatnot.

Are you and Mrs. Steverino planning on having kids? If so, when?
I guess so. This is a hot topic. I think a "future me" would regret not ever having kids, but the "present me" doesn't seem to care if I ever have kids. C sometimes mentions how she'd always thought (years back) that she'd have had a kid by a couple of years ago, and that she doesn't want to be too old, yadda yadda... we're not even 30. I think we're good. But, yeah, this is a tough one. I guess I want to have kids... but... I'm really not feelin' it right now, and I don't know when I will. I'm also scared that I'd have a kid with some kind of disorder or disease.

What is the dumbest thing someone has ever said to you at Parent Teacher interviews?
I dunno... I don't actually recall anything dumb being said at P-T interviews.

Why do I never see you at any of the shows I go to in Charlottetown??? (just got home from seeing Matt Minglewood/Matt Andersen last night)...
'Cause even though I'm not old, I act more and more like a fuddy duddy all the time. I used to go alone to shows all the time, but I'd always see people I knew. That's just not the case anymore, and the people I could go to shows with are pretty much all gone. It sucks. I still go to shows, just not as often.

How do you buy most of your music? In store? On-line downloads? Mail?
Good question. It's my most common b-day / Christmas gift, so I get a lot that way. I do buy from eBay sometimes, and I do buy from Amazon.ca, too. Sometimes Future Shop or Back Alley, and rarely somewhere else. I download a fair amount of tunes when I can. I also borrow a lot from the library. Overall, out of the ones I buy, in-store.

Have you ever had a crime committed against you? Have you called the police?
Yes, and yes.

Been in a fist fight? Won?
I sometimes got in fights in elementary school, but they didn't usually involve fists. I got into a bit of a tussle with a little toadie in grade nine, but I wouldn't hit him 'cause it's just not me, I guess. I did, accidentally, hit one of my best buddies in the face once, though. Phew... that was not a pretty sight / great night after that. I broke his nose & gave him two black eyes. I felt horrible. I still do! That's an accident I wish I could take back more than any other, I think.

Favourite concerts this year?
In 2007, I've been to none!

Has a student ever mentioned they've come to your site?
No, I hope none of them ever find this one. That's why you'll find me to be vague about names and places and such sometimes. I've shown them older sites, though, with music pics and such.

What would be your dream line-up at a concert?
Oooo... like a festival, or a one-eve concert? Please specify!

Which album do you most treasure? Why?
Oooo... tough one, too! Wow. Hmm. So, I'll approach it albums that aren't just my faves to listen to, but ones I have a different connection to. Wide Mouth Mason's The Nazarene is cool, since it's their indie release, and it's signed. Joel Plaskett's Down at the Khyber on vinyl is great. First album I ever bought new on vinyl. My signed vinyl copy of He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper is insane. I never thought I'd get to see DJ Jazzy Jeff on PEI and get to meet him. He's one of my faves all-time. A huge influence, too. My copy of Blurtonia, signed by Ian Blurton from the time I met him is pretty cool to me. So are many other signed ones... Emm Gryner, DaynaManning, Jeff Healey... people I've had or have real connections with. Strictly Commercial - The Best of Frank Zappa was the first CD I ever had. And, oh, holy frig... Shaun's CD, the daggerlip sketches! My numbered / first run copy, with his sig and message on the CD... that's way up on top, for sure.

Which album do you really want, but can't seem to get your hands on?
There's probably a bunch that I'd like to have. None are burning desires, though. Maybe Don't Talk, Dance... I'm going to have to think about this one and the previous one some more, I think. I really wanted Phil Sayce's CD for a while. It was a bugger to find. Eventually, I found someone that carried it online (Grooveyard Records). Other great finds: WMM's album above, and Jeff Healey's "Ariana" 45.

What's the best tax deduction you've discovered on your income tax?
You can get deductions on taxes?! I don't think I really have any good ones. Way back, student loans were probably a good one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Les said...

Thanks for answering all our questions...hehe. As far as the 'dream line up' - let's elaborate on both in a single night concert AND a festival over a couple of days.

8:20 pm  
Blogger Chunks said...

I thought elves had something to do with the Caramilk bars, I really did!

12:13 am  
Blogger Steve said...

Les, I'm thinkin' I'm gonna have to answer that in a separate post soon!

8:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home