Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

What the Hell! Why is it snowing and blowing like a bugger and drifting all over the place? It's been springy and snowless here for ages! It sounds like a real storm at times. Could it be one token day off school, to make up for the lack of them this year? Doubtful, but I can dream, can't I? I'm just glad I'm not driving to school tomorrow. Just look at the difference from quarter to five 'til quarter to seven. It's that much more snowy now, at quarter after nine.



I still had to go out in it, though. I had to go to a Director's meeting for the upcoming school district drama fest. Another teacher at the school and I are working with our classes, creating an original play. It should be pretty good. There's some truly funny stuff in there from the kids, and you can imagine what my input may do with it. Ahem. Yeah. Hopefully they'll overcome my input! Just kidding. I think, all-round, we'll all come up with a cool end product. Anyway, it was a brief meeting that didn't tell me anything that couldn't have been emailed out to me. But, whatever. It was another time to see some other teachers and be around the backstage of the Confederation Centre, which is always cool, thinking of who's shared that space in the past, and thinking of my past musical performances there.

After it was over, I went home and did not much of anything, as I had to leave for town again rather soon. Myself and a few other people at school were meeting at a fairly new big-chain restaurant in town, which had a promotion / fund-raiser on for the Special Olympics tonight. 30% of any food and non-booze drinks would go to the S.O. After we ordered our food, and chatted for a while, a waiter slid over and was, like, "How would you folks like to be in the paper tomorrow?"

Now, I really don't like having my picture taken. It could be that I don't think I take good pics, or I have seen too many pics of myself I didn't like. It could also be from when I was six, and I sat on Santa Claus' knee at the Towers mall to have my picture taken by an elfish gringo named Pepe, whose first camera was a joke one which squirted me with water, before he took my pic with a real Polaroid camera. No wonder kids are crying in Santa pics. OK, so I made that up. It's more interesting than my legitimate, seemingly vain reason, though.

At first, I wasn't too worried. I kept my sub-zero beer hidden (ironically) behind an upright drinks menu, and when the photographer was testing the light, he seemed to be angling the shot at three of the gals, away from me. "Phew!" I thought, "no picture for me." I figured I'd just lean back, and omit myself from the shot. Slick.

So, after a while, the food comes out, with, like, 4 servers, a special olympian, and someone else, all at my end of the table, and the photographer snaps many rapid-fire shots. "Hmm," I thought, "I guess I'll be in this with everyone after all." The camera guy moved away for a couple of minutes, looked at the shots I guess, and came back to our table. He kneeled beside me, and asked for my name. Just my name. Nobody else's. Well shit. Now, I guess I may well be in the paper (front page? I dunno) with several servers, plates of food, a special olympian, and someone else, with a look like this on my face.


Whatever happens, however rotten my shot is, maybe I'll be good & scan it & throw it up here. Then people won't think I look like Weird Al... which has happened at least once. At least my nachos and beer were good.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...or maybe I'll get my sister to email me the picture and I'LL post it here...

MMMUUUAAAHHAHAHAHAAAHAAAAAAA.....

:D

10:48 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home