Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Saturday, April 21, 2007

A guy I know from high school just became the lead singer of a new band in town. Before their first show a couple of days ago, the band asked people on the PEILocals board to come up with a name for them. Many names were offered, and in the end, they chose Intoxicado. I think it may have been their own name idea. I didn't go back through the posts to check. Pretty good name, I guess. If you want to, you can see video on YouTube of them playing their first-ever gig, at Hunter's Ale House.

Here are some of the names I offered (for free!) to them:
Man Fuzz
Sack O' Dudes
Stinky Pockets (for a bluesier route)
Rocking Heads
The FUBAR Four
Bad Engrish
Vulpes
iBand
Bandacus
Hurry Hard
Cock Lobster
Cardboard Riot

And then, some classic CBC-inspired choices:
Friendly's Cat Band
Electric Haymen (as a play on the Muppets' band)
Husk Musk
The Eradicators
The Nature of Strings
Relic & The Jetboats (or just The Jetboats)
Swamp Sex Robots
The Littlest Mofo

I also think that, in my Blogger profile, I must have the best names in the world for their proposed band set-up: "Come up with some possible band names for your group that features a washboard and a styrofoam tuba." - Cholorofluorozydeco, Honkscratch Fever

If you were to come up with a name for a band, CBC-inspired or not, what would it be?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

The Lloyd Robertsons.

I got nuthin'.

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home