Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Tomorrow, I'm being observed while I teach one of my classes. It gets written up and put into my file. It's a normal thing. I just haven't had it happen in this manner yet. A little stressful, sure. So, I have to take some time today to really get ready for that class.

Friday was a good night at trivia. Had five extra people come. Some friends, one acquaintance, someone I know but neither of us know how, and a nice stranger. We lost. Three weeks in a row! Maybe I should go back to hosting instead of playing. Once we get our prize money from this year's regular season, maybe that's what I'll think about doing - finding a place that'll pay me to ask people questions.

Yesterday, tickets went on sale for the Aerosmith show in July. Online and phone routes were a no-go (busy signal / overloaded website), so we went to the CCC to get 'em in person. We waited in line for about a half an hour, and got our pair of tickets! Yeeha! The pair came to a total of $150. Even for just Aerosmith, that'd be not too shabby, but the concert is a 10-hour whole-day thing. Can't wait!

As McAree, AKA "Denny Crane", inquired yesterday, no, I did not see the NFL draft. Well, I saw about 27 seconds of it, in which I saw footage of one man patting another man on the ass. This goes on far too much in the NFL, and is one of my primary reasons for hating it.

Yesterday was Tim L's stag party. I thought he would last at least until after 12, with some folks going downtown. Not the case. He was passed out sometime between 9-9:30! Wow. We'll have to tell him how his stag was later. It was pretty fun! Lots of beer, meat, smokes, chips, a mini-keg, even liquor with small animals in it. Even though Lynch was the first to go down, a couple more followed. I think Rob is probably feeling the worst today, given that he swallowed the grubs from both wee bottles that Neal said tasted like antiseptic / rubbing alcohol. He disappeared quietly. I think it was him who was in the bathroom with the door closed. Probably asleep on the floor. He did have the quote of the night, though. He swayed into the garage, sat on the couch, and said something like, "Eh whatya talk a maja wuh. Hunh? PUSSIES! PUSSIES! PUSSIES!" I think he was referring to the fallen stag soldiers who went before him. Neal and I got a ride downtown with Shane, and we went to Bourbon's House of Blues just to say we had a drink there. There was us, and three other people, plus Joey Kitson and another guy. Good tunes, nice intimate place. We left, and ran into Big Andy on Kent Street. He gave us a ride across the bridge to Stratford. Woohoo! Free trips galore!

OK, time to do some work and hydrate myself somehow. No, not water. It's no fun.

Some things just came back to me... I can remember mouthing along to the lyrics of Starhip's "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now" as we pulled up to Neal's. I must've been somewhat drunk. It was on the radio, though. I wasn't totally FUBAR'd. Good thing I decided not to drive home (not like I was thinking of it)! Big Andy's car didn't have a rear-view mirror, either. Did he say he bought it for $50? I also remember Rob licking spilled liquor from the table during Three-man more than once. He also squeezed out a napkin into his mouth and his glass. Good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

How'd your observation go? Good I hope!

Your stag party story gave me a hangover. Seriously! I'm too old.

10:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home