Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ahh... the long Victoria Day weekend. Friday saw the usual night of trivia. We were one point out of first after one round, but lost out in the second round. Didn't get 1st, 2nd, or in on the three-way tie for 3rd. Sucks. Ah well. This post-season of trivia's a wash, anyway. That's not the worst of it, though. We discovered that the money Hunter's gives out can only be used on food! That sucked. I was counting on free liquor Friday. What's the point of trying to win if you can't win booze? What makes it even worse is that Hunter's is transforming the upstairs to a place called NightCap from now 'til September. This means, among other things, that you can't order food up there anymore. Just cheeses, cakes, pies, desserts, and drinks. What's the point in going now? I'm not bloody well going to compete so that I can win some bar bucks to buy brownies and bon bons to go with my beer. On the upside, looks like Doc's trying to get us some cheques (for regular season winnings) from the other venue. Hopefully that'll happen before next week!

For those of you that don't live in this area, it's been cloudy and raining for days on end. C and I wanted to go looking at trees and shrubs and stuff, but it was too wet to be outside for too long. We looked at a few things, got her a Fiskars garden tool set, and that was that. We also went to see the new Shrek movie, kind of on a whim. I found it to be pretty much on par with the other two. I enjoyed it. Funny. A nice break. Last night was also another shindig at Timmy Tim's. 'Twas more sedate than the last one, but at least Lynch was up past nine! Had some beers, a bit of Old Sam, listened to some tunes, ate some meat... usual stuff. Good times. Drove Neal and myself home across roads that seemed to be paved with worms, on account of the rain. Also saw the first frog of the year on my way up the driveway. At least I think I saw a frog. Man, it better have been a frog.

Today, C had a great breakfast ready this morning with fresh fruits and egg/cheese/Stovetop stuffing muffin things. Went to church. Played some Xbox. Pretty standard.

Sure, I'm still a bit bummed about the whole job thing... and intimidatd by having to go pretty much completely out of my comfort zone next year. But, hey, what can I do about it? I guess I should just suck it up and be happy that I have anything. Some folks will lose more than me. Some folks will lose their whole position. I do have to check into this whole tenure thing, though, and find out if me signing at 80% will frig me up for the rest of my career (ESD not ever owing me more than 80%... heard rumours of such things). My acceptance of my situation doesn't mean I'm going to be complacent about it. I'm still going to talk to the admin at some other school(s) and watch the job postings from now 'til September.

I was going to type something on teaching music, but I'll save that for another post later.

Highlight of the day: getting a message from Maple Music in my email about new sales, going to their site, finding that they're not all sold out (which happens pretty frequently), and buying myself an autographed copy of Rufus Wainwright's new CD. Bitchin'.

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

Vote NDP next time for better job opportunities!

I'm just excited because there's an election in MB tomorrow.

12:19 pm  
Blogger Chunks said...

Come to Alberta, there are plenty of jobs. Of course, there is no affordable housing so you might be better off where you are. Poor teachers, y'all should be paid like NHL players.

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home