Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hmm. Lots to say, eh? It's been a while! It seems I've fallen into another blogslump. Sometimes, like the beginning of this year, there was scads to write about, and lots to say, with enough time to get it out. Now, not so much to say (or I forget things before I write them), and maybe not so much time to do it. So what's up?

I didn't get the bonus song this week at trivia. Dammit! It was "Hocus Pocus" by Focus. Frigsakes. Who'd know that? One person did. Just not me. We did pull out a 2nd-place finish, anyway. I don't think we have a chance in these "playoffs" though. We're 4 weeks into the 8-week span, and our average score is a few points off the pace. Ah well. Many more different people and good teams show up now, so it's a bit more difficult. At least the two of us won for the regular season! Not like we got our money yet, though.

Got our cars serviced at Capital Honda in town. I don't like them. Too many of them ooze "greasball" or "slimy" or "slick". Now, as my Civic is almost all paid for (couple more months), they say I need new brakes (pads and shoes or something like that... 2 parts anyway), and a new oil pan (at $275!! plus labour!!). When I get it done, I think I'll go back to Summerside. They're all class there. No matter what your car's in for, they always wash it. Plus, they always have courtesy cars. In C-town, when we brought in both our cars yesterday, I asked about a c. car, since we were both carless. Here's basically how it went:

Me - Do you guys have a courtesy car?

Service Lady - Mmm... sure. Who was your salesman?

Me - I bought my car in Summerside.

Service Lady - Oh. Well... our salesmen only give out cars to people they sell to. The c. cars are their own cars... demos. They don't like giving them out to people they don't know.

About then is when C came in, a little fiery. The lady offered to drop us off somewhere. I just basically shut it all down and went, "Whatever. We'll walk." Like, holy frig. You'd think... that if we're giving you nearly $500 in service today, and that you'd probably like to try and sell us a car someday... that you'd go the extra mile to earn our business and make us like you! But no. No. Not cocky cock goblin greaseball C-town Honda. They're fine to just extort service money from us and ask if we'll let them change the dealer plate on the front. Well, no fuckin' way. I'm thinking I'm going to take my car from your garage, with the bird shit still on it, and get those extra needed (so they say) repairs in Summerside, even if it's a bit of a long drive. Frig them. Frig 'em!

Only 31 school days left. Holy crap. One is a trip. One is a end-of-year picnic @ the park day. The day before that is grade 8 grad, and a write-off teaching-wise. Three other days, I'm with the 8s on a trip. A couple of other days there's Track & Field, visitors / presenters / whatever. What's that leave... 25 days to teach max? That's only just over four six-day cycles. Holy crap.

We got our new front door. It arrived a bit scuffed up, and with the wrong hinges. It's being returned tomorrow.

Still trying to figure out what to do plant-wise with our yard. We're thinking frig the flowers, let's dig 'em up and put 'em all in one or two places. Let's only get trees & flowering shrubs. This may be the rough plan. Flower beds are too much work. They're for chumps.

Facebook still monopolizes a lot of time. It really is a great site for catching up and keeping up with folks, and sharing pics / etc. Like my buddy Trevor said, "...no longer meeting people in person or accepting phone calls. All human interaction is to be done through Facebook."

Still check the news on FARK every day, along with other regular blogs and sites.

Still gotta do those Feist and Plaskett reviews. I will though. I will!

Went to see Spider-Man 3 yesterday. A couple of hokey parts, sure, but I liked it. A bit choppy, what with two new villains and their own story lines and all, but still effective. I like how human they make Parker. I think 2 is the best of the three, but 3 is definitely worth seeing, too.

Looking forward to the summer concerts and all, still. And the new movies that are coming out (even just this month)! I don't like how we get fewer pays this summer, though, and that we keep having these new unexpected expenses pop up. Especially annoying since we're trying to repair our building / garage, and do a couple of doors. It sucks. It's like the only thing that gets me stressed. That, and the fact that I still have no idea on my job situation for next year.

Anyhoo... ciao, for now, I guess.

PS - thanks for the Parisian postcard, Paige!
PPS - I'm sure I've seen at least one marked courtesy car at C-town Honda before. Cock goblins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Les said...

We deal with Capital...not after more then one major issue with them since moving here. Our file is now 'flagged' so that when we drop a car off their service manager handles things to ensure a smooth transaction lest they experience my wrath again. Good lord.

As for the courtesy car - we've never been offered, although we did buy our second vehicle through them and the salesman said we'd be welcome to his demo anytime.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Chunks said...

Service. One would expect to be served, wouldn't you? Cock goblins is right.

Flowerbeds are for chumps. That is funny! Why don't you just get some perrenials and then you have very little maintenance. I enjoy shrubs and trees though too, so what do you do?

2:00 pm  
Blogger H said...

flower beds are indeed for chumps! but what do I know, I can barely get clippings to grow in our apartment window.

this comment was brought to you by salad dressing, some of which has lept off my snack plate and onto my PJs.

12:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home