Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, May 17, 2007

So. I just found out about next year. You know, the contract that I sign to get my tenure. I can stay in my school, but I have to drop from 100% to 60%. If I want, I can pick up another 20% if I teach music to grades 1-6, plus 7/8 health. Both hateful. Especially the music. Really especially the music. I don't know if there's much worse than 1-6 music. It also seems like there's nothing in any nearby schools to help top up my time to 100%. I was hoping that if I got cut, I could at least pick up some science or social studies or something at a nearby school. But no. Doesn't look like it. Pretty much only openings in music and French. Doesn't even look like there's any openings for anything teachable in the area, from 1-12. This sucks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't pretend to understand contract terms for teaching, Steve, nor what it means for your immediate future (or planning down the road for that matter), but I can clearing see your disappointment. Sorry, guy. :(

6:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home