Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wow. That season finale of Lost was somethin', wasn't it? Can't remember the last time a TV show had me so gripped for two hours. Such good plot developments! I wonder what next season will be now. Will it be a return to the island for some? Will it follow their rescue and what happens after it? I never thought that the rescue / scene that proved an, at least, partially successful rescue would be on tonight. It just stinks it's not on again sooner! Wait... if all those Brawny-paper-towel-Jack scenes were after the rescue... who was in the coffin at the unattended funeral? Maybe John? He kind of turned on people towards the end, there, and would have no family to attend. Maybe Ben? Hmm... wish I got a better look at that paper.

There's still a chance I could get 100% for next year. Some postings came out today, and while there isn't much on them that applies to many people, there's a couple of full-timers. Of course, they're both in different schools teaching things that are out of my comfort zone / specialized areas. This means that I'd basically be doing my best, but maybe just biding my time until something I'm better at comes along. If I got one, at least I'd be guaranteed 100% for the year after next, and so on. Wish me luck!

In a show of true honesty, ala Chunks...
Tim, something is all wrong since your keg party. Was it the beer, meat, or chips? As Dean said, about a similar incident, "The packing is all wrong."

I've come up with a new show for Cable 10 this summer. It's called "Pirate Bastard". It's just in the rough development stages right now (by "rough development stages" I mean making it up off the top of my head right now), but it will involve 21 people from around the Maritimes. Two captains pick teams of ten (other dude comes in later), and those teams will be dropped at undisclosed and inhospitable locations (I'm thinking Georgetown and perhaps Mimenegash. Something like that.). Each group must take a small boat on a trek around the Island to find the treasure (still being worked out). They will end up going to a series of locales and islands, doing various tasks, until they get to the final destination, Boughton Island. The X-factor of the whole show is that the last person to be picked (at the beginning) becomes the "Pirate Bastard". He takes three people of his choice from each team at the very beginning, and forms his own team of seven. They sail their own ship under a pirate flag, trying to thwart the other two teams. If they win, they get the prize. How they win can be figured out later... inciting mutiny on other teams, finding the treasure first (and getting to play dirty), stealing resources and rewards from other teams... something along those lines. I'll think some more on this. Feel free to add ideas.

3 Comments:

Blogger familyman said...

Hey Steve. Hope your packing is right again. I drank from the keg for 3 days without suffering ill effects, but then again I ate the chips and meat too. I guess the only way to solve this is to re-create the situation and go through it step by step. Ok, you get the keg and I'll get the meat and chips.

I like the pirate bastard idea. I get the sense that this part could be played quite well by Tim L. If they're after his lucky charms he can get quite ornery.

10:32 am  
Blogger Chunks said...

Isn't Mark Burnett doing a pirate show this summer? Maybe you could get a job with him. Your wheels are always turning.

I hope you got your poop in a group and I am glad I have inspired some honesty around here. HAH!

3:11 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Pirate Bastard is a direct response to that other show. Mine will be way better. Who wouldn't want to watch 21 Maritimers in a reality-competition show called Pirate Bastard?

For the record, things seem to be much more regular now. Thanks for the concern, heh.

8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home