Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, July 09, 2007


We received this interesting little 1-piece meal of reading material while waiting for the fireworks to start on Canada Day. We were just stretched out on our blankets on the damp grass, on the edge of the cliff in the Stratford RV park, when a young lad in a Bill Cosby sweater came and handed us these. We were like, "What the Hell is this?"

Apparently, it's some sort of wee religious publication (the pic is about actual size). It's part late-life bio, part churchy advertising. Exactly what denomination, it's hard to tell. It says both "King James Bible Ministry" and "The Fishermen's Club" on the back. Rather than try to describe its white-meat innards to you, I will let it speak for itself. I'll give you, in order, the bolded nuggets of text from it. You can pop them back like popcorn chicken. It'll be much more fun this way, letting your weird little minds fill in the gaps as you wish.

at four dollars a month.
but it built a strong body.
man
invalid
eat.
use
punish
Why?
but I'll go to hell.
tithed
rob
the preacher's friend.
He had heard thousands of sermons. But he never met Christ personally.
lost
smoked
drank.
How could a man know that his sins had really been forgiven?
He wanted to be free from cursing.
It marked him.
I knew then and there that the Colonel had experienced old-fashioned regeneration.
And no one loves the Church, regardless of denomination, better than Colonel Sanders.
- and not be saved. It happened in his life. There I was. I didn't have enough spiritual power in my life to keep me from cussin. I know there is an experience of salvation.
- but something was always lacking.
I needed a personal experience with Jesus Christ."
He knew that God saved me many times for a purpose.
testimony
resources
WHAT TO PRAY
precious blood
If you trusted Jesus as your Saviour, you have just begun a wonderful new life with Him.
Now:

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

Freaky.

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home