Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I'm a little obsessed this summer. Ever since I played Guitar Hero II while on the 7/8 trip in June, all I want to do is have Guitar Hero for my very own. Once I got through "Strutter" in the store after a couple of tries, I've been hooked. Another thing I've been very curious about (but not obsessed, 'cause I've never played one) is the Nintendo Wii. It doesn't have the power, graphics, or hard drive that the PS3 or Xbox 360 have, but it just looks so fun. I'd love to try one. Plus, it's only about $280 for the basic set-up.

Now, when I played GH II, I played it on an Xbox 360, and I'm not about to buy one of those. They're like $500 just to get started, and I have an original Xbox that's been suped up and still serves me very well. Imagine my potential glee when I discovered that GH III is going to come out on the Wii when it's released in October. That just about sealed the deal for me. A Wii, and Guitar Hero. Yes, please! Now... I just have to get someone to mod a Wii for me as well, as I'm sure I'd fudge it if I tried on my own.


So, what's Guitar Hero III going to be like? Or what's Guitar Hero all about in the first place? Basically, it's a rhythm game. Aside from the characters and venues and whatnot, you look at an endless fretboard that comes at you. On it are combinations of five coloured buttons that correspond with the buttons that are on the fretboard of your guitar-shaped controller. You try to match 'em in time with the song (as you strum or pick, no less). When you get them right, the song plays as normal. When you don't, the guitar part is silent or you hear your slip-ups. To some, especially players of real guitars, it sounds silly, but when you do it, sweet baby, it's fun. It's like you're rocking out!

Guitar Hero III Video:
Slow Ride
Through Fire & Flames (ridiculous!)
Person playing Rush's YYZ in another version of GH (also pretty funny intro)

So far, this is what the tracklisting looks like for GH III:

Original Songs
"Miss Murder" by AFI
"Through Fire and Flames" by DragonForce
"Number of the Beast" by Iron Maiden
"3's and 7's" by Queens of the Stone Age
"Suck My Kiss" by Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Raining Blood" by Slayer
"Reptilia" by The Strokes
Slash's Original Boss Battle Recording
"Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses
"Paint It Black" by The Rolling Stones
"Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins
"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys
"The Metal" by Tenacious D
"My Name Is Jonas" by Weezer
"Knights of Cydonia" by Muse
"Even Flow" by Pearl Jam
"Lay Down" by Priestess
"Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
"One" by Metallica

Cover Songs (which sound very close to the original)
"Paranoid" as made famous by Black Sabbath
"Cities on Flame" as made famous by Blue Oyster Cult
"Mississippi Queen" as made famous by Mountain
"La Grange" as made famous by ZZ Top
"Rock and Roll All Nite" as made famous by Kiss
"School's Out" as made famous by Alice Cooper
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" as made famous by Scorpions
"Slow Ride" as made famous by Foghat
"Barracuda" as made famous by Heart


Oh, the guitars this time are all Gibson Les Pauls, by the way, which I love (except for the Gibson Kramer that the PS2 gets).

----------------
Now playing: Two Hours Traffic - Stuck for the Summer
via FoxyTunes

1 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

I was just talking about this the other day, my desire to try GH. Gee Steverino, it's like you are crawling around in my brain sometimes!

10:38 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home