Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Saturday, September 08, 2007

It's been a bit over a week, so I guess I should make a post and keep y'all posted. I don't feel like fleshing out a whole, full post, though, so I'll point-form/bullet it Chunks-style.

  • I have a rotten cold. Just in time for school. Any other time of the year, I would have stayed home. But, I got through the first two days. Sneezinsnottincoughinpaininfeverin stuff. Blah.
  • It seems like the workload just ever increases. It's not enough that I'm already teaching all things out of my main area (science), but I have several kids at different levels. It's like I have to (in my already two-grade classroom) make up and follow and assess parts of totally diff. programs for about... 3-5 kids. It sounds terrible, perhaps, but I just wish they were all at the same level. On the plus side, they all seem like really nice kids, albeit chatty in a few cases.
  • The skunks are back around. We thought they'd left during building work in the summer, but I saw momma emerge from beneath our outdoor structure with... 8 babies? I wouldn't be surprised if it was 12. They were awfully cute romping around and wrestling with each other, but I don't want skunks under our building. Or anywhere. Hmm.
  • My birthday approaches, and I always seem to pick things that either take too long to get here, or require some uber-complicated site sign-up process or something. In another country/currency, I suppose, too. Sorry, C.
  • My brother in BC's going to have (well, his wife is) his first kid soon. Christmas Day is the due date for their girl (it's weird knowing). I will call her Jesusina.
  • Blech. I keep on coughing. At least there's a little something coming up today. Some meat to it, you know? ;) Yesterday was just long cough-wheezes and loss of voice.
  • On a SUPER plus side, I get to see a favourite artist on the 27th. Well, two, actually! The last time COLIN JAMES was on PEI was about 14 years ago, when I was too young to go. Now, he's coming to Summerside with Craig Northey (of Odds fame!). How awesome is that?! I'm stoked. There's other good shows, too, like Sexsmith & Barber, Classic Albums Live doing The Wall. Stuff like that. But I could not miss this one.
  • I must check the songlist and news on Guitar Hero 3 a few times daily. I'm obsessed, and I don't even have a system to play it on yet. The tracks keep getting better and better, though. Word is that Tenacious D are picking the songs.
  • Regular trivia season starts next week. I have a bonfire to go to that night, too... a tradition-type one, and the last ever, as well. I hate to juggle 'em, but I really should go to the fire one way or the other.
  • It's good to have Paige back on the East Coast!
I guess that's enough for now. I should go have some breakfast and maybe some drugs.


----------------
Now playing: QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE - Sick, Sick, Sick
via FoxyTunes

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for me being back on the coast. Boo for you being sick.

I saw Jill Barber's new video on TV - probably Bravo. Very cool, though either her lipsynching or the sound was off.

1:38 pm  
Blogger Chunks said...

Jesusina.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!

I'm glad to just KNOW where Paige IS! Holy baba that kid is hard to keep track of with her twenty eight websites and her world travellin' and all.

I hope the kids and skunks don't give you too rough a go. (I hope you understand that poorly constructed sentence.)

Oh and I love this template (I had it once for awhile) mostly because of the pretty flower bullet points. Heehee!

Feel better, dude.

4:20 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But see, the point of the websites is so you do know where I am. ;)
It's actually looking like I might end up back in L-town after graduation - couple of jobs opening up, and all that. Definitely the easiest choice, work-wise.

1:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home