Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, November 12, 2007

Hmm... I forgot what I was going to post about here today. I did have something interesting, I swear. Lemme go through recent stuff & see if it jogs my non-existent short-term memory.

  • Signed up for the spring trip today. Since C goes for free, it's kind of like a 2-fer, thank God, 'cause it's expensive as fuck. High-priced, kind, too. Not some unclassy shag in an alleyesque space between two houses near the CN Pensioner's Club. The 12 days (a few of which are just getting to places) costs over $3900. I'm sure it'll be awesome and all... I just don't love the idea of basically wiping out most of our savings for this. I always feel better with some "safety" money on hand. Anyway, enough of that.
  • Been looking at online shopping places. www.hammacher.com and www.gifts.com have some cool stuff. Depending on duty & taxes, we may get the device that converts slides and negatives into digital pics. I'd also like the vinyl & tape to mp3 converters, but, hey... I'm feeling poorer now, so no.
  • Remembrance Day was nice in some ways yesterday. Went out to Cardigan, as is my custom. R. Day wouldn't be the same without hearing N. Ross do In Flanders Fields. I was just wishing someone was there to tape / videorecord him doing that. It was indoors (church was packed), and perfect. The man's 96 or 97 now. He won't be able to do it forever. A former classmate of mine, and current soldier, D. MacIntyre got up to speak. Pretty honest & moving. Nice one, Dan. After some lunch at home, we went to Claire's for grand uncle Mickey's R.D. party. Some music, a little food, and some rum, and all is well. R. Day wouldn't be the same without this, and getting to see Mickey. He looked well, which was good. RD is getting to be a bit more of a build-up for me every year, too. I just get all reminiscent and nostalgic and sappy and proud, thinking of my own grandpa, a vet of WW2, who passed away just over seven years ago.
  • We had scads of snow on Saturday night, and it's flurried most of the day. It appears snowtime is upon us. The newly-created duck ponds across from our house are filling up nicely, though.
  • Saw Drew on TPIRight for the first time today. He was good. It doesn't feel right, but he's OK. I think he'll grow into it
  • Watched Hot Fuzz on Saturday night. Overall, a very good watch. The first 3/4 are good, and the last quarter is just freakin' awesome. Should you watch it? Yarp. Those of you who've seen it already will get this.
  • I have a fair bit of schoolwork to do, which I haven't touched. I really don't want to go near it. Work on nights & weekends just seems wrong. There oughtta be a law or rule against it.
  • We've been looking for a nativity scene / set. I've looked online and in town. No nice ones, for a good price, can be found.
  • 4-day week this week. Next week, for me, is a 3-day one. Then, it's, what... 4 weeks 'til Christmas? Bitchin'.
  • I want to play Super Mario Galaxy. Must... send... Wii... but cannot tear it away! I got 20 in the Wii "fitness" test today. It's the lowest age possible, so that was nice.
  • Still have a slight lead in the hockey pool.
Hmm... it still hasn't come to me. If I think of the entertaining / interesting bit(s) later, I'll fill you in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home