Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Saturday, November 24, 2007

On a not-good note - and this might've been the thing I tried to remember last time (can't remember, of course) - a musical favourite and acquaintance of mine, Jeff Healey, is not doing so well these days. When Healey was quite young, he lost his vision/eyes to cancer. What he didn't know until very recently was that people with this type of cancer have a 50% chance that it'll reappear somewhere, sometime later in life. Apparently, he's had a couple of tumors removed from one leg, and is undergoing treatment on another before having it removed. Also, the cancer has appeared in his lungs and liver. It sure doesn't sound good, but he says he feels fine and all. He continues to work and be busy. Oh, and as I checked the link to make sure his writings were still there & current (and they are), I saw another noteworthy piece of info...

It may shock the majority of you to know that, during all I'm going through health wise, I'm being pursued for money by Tom Stephen, former drummer for the Healey band and former business partner in Forte records.
Despite the fact that I handled the pay-back of about a quarter of a million dollars in debts owed by Forte records upon their demise--something that has not been made absolutely official, as Mr. Stephen refuses to O.K. the paperwork to do so--Mr. Stephen feels that I owe him money for... well, being me, I guess. He seems to feel that his association with me means a lifetime of being taken care of financially by yours truly. He was just found guilty of insurance fraud here in Toronto.
He had claimed that he was physically unable to play the drums (a fact that most of us were a painfully aware of during his agonizing (to others) performing career).

He further went on to claim that he was physically unable to earn money at all. In short, these claims were thrown out of court, and he was ordered to pay back the insurance company the money he has thus far embezzled from them. It takes all kinds to make up this interesting world of ours, ladies and gentlemen. I wish I didn't have to have met some of the characters I have over the years.
Wow. Scuzzbag! I wonder if I should put a paper bag over his head in the Healey Band 8x10 on my wall... I'll do this for the moment, anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

Cancer sucks. I like what you did to the drummer.

And you look about 12 years old in that photo, sir.

1:09 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

12? Nah... I was, hmm... 21.
Doesn't seem like almost 9 years ago!

Yes, I think Tom came out pretty good. I think the eyes and especially the fangs look nice.

1:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home