Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

OK. I go online, the lawless international waters of commerce, and find a few things on a site to buy as Christmas presents. I order them, and pay to have them shipped to me. Why is it when I buy something from another country, stuff that's got nothing to do with my own government, that I have to pay tax on it here before I can get it? It wasn't made here. I didn't buy it here. It's not Canadian goods. Why should I have to pay provincial tax and a national goods and services tax on the stuff? It makes NO SENSE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If no one paid taxes, who would pay teachers?

10:10 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Touché.
Still, though. I don't see the sense.
Also, I think a $5 handling fee through customs / the border is ridonculous.

11:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home