Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, December 20, 2007


We're pretty much over the hump now! Today had its ups & downs, but we shan't go there. Friggin' children (in some cases, and those ones just seem to stick with you more than the nicer ones). While browsing for some more Christmas tunes (you can never have enough, and man, I've got scads now!), I came upon this pic from WHAM!'s "Last Christmas" single. I don't have to tell you that it's pretty special. It looks like they're having a gay old time. George is really riding ol' Andrew!

Now, for some light-hearted Christmas tunes (what, as opposed to those serious ones?), here's a link to an entire album of Bob Rivers' Christmas parodies. My personal fave is "Police Stop My Car", sung to the tune of "Feliz Navidad". A sample lyric: "Police stop my car. Police stop my car. Police make me stop, walk a straight line and blow a balloon up. They wanna wish me a sober Christmas... "

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to most of my new Christmas mix CD to and from work tonight...the benefit of moving further away from town. I giggled lots! Especially Bob & Doug...I had the record when it first came out but haven't heard their version of the 12 days of Christmas in years! Do you have the list of artists for all those songs?!

Thanks for sending, Steve - Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

9:20 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

Right back atcha!

Here's the "special" playlist:

Adam Sandler - The Santa Song
The Muppets - We Need A Little Christmas
The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy & The Red Baron
Lou Monte - Dominic The Italian Christmas Donkey
The Davis Sisters - Christmas Boogie
Holly Golightly - Christmas Tree's On Fire
No Doubt - Oi To The World
James Brown - Santa Claus Go Straight To The Ghetto
Billy Idol - Frosty the Snowman
Billy Squier - Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You
The Killers - Don't Shoot Me Santa
KT Tunstall - Mele Kalikimaka (Christmas In Hawaii)
Bob & Doug MacKenzie - Twelve Days Of Christmas
Mecco Monardo (it's "John Bongiovi" singing!) - R2-D2 We Wish You A Merry Christmas
Barenaked Ladies - Deck The Stills
Cartman (South Park) - O Holy Night
Dr. Elmo - Goin' On A Date With Santa
Peter Wood Singers and Orchestra - A Ride on Santa's Sleigh
Augie Rios - Donde Esta Santa Claus (Where is Santa Claus)
The Caroleers - I Want An Elephant For Christmas
Amos and Andy - Christmas Eve 1941
The Band - Christmas Must Be Tonight
The Pogues - Fairy Tale of New York

8:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Cartman had me snorting in the car on my way to Mom & Dad's. :) A few I had on CDs I own (Pogues, No Doubt) but the rest were new/unhad by me.

I'm on my way to lovely C'town this afternoon to spend Christmas with M&D and sister.

Enjoy the season!

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home