Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Saturday, February 09, 2008

A couple of good quotes this week from the world of school. I can't remember the best one, though, from yesterday, I think... I hope it comes back to me. At any rate, here's a couple I do remember:

"That cat has crop circles on it."

Student: "I can't find the word in the dictionary."
Me: (Seeing that he's looking for 'acquaint' and in the ac- area of the dictionary, I ask him how we'd find it around these pages, getting the idea across that you search letter-by-letter, left to right.) OK, I'll give you a hand. So, you're looking for 'acquaint', right? You're pretty close to it now. What are the first three letters?"
Student: "A-B-C".

Once again, I ask... please, think of the children. They need your help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home