Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Monday, March 03, 2008

I love music. I think we all know that. Back in my formative years, when I was in elementary school, one of my favourite musicians was Jeff Healey. He was a great Canadian musician I could watch on Video Hits and listen to on tape, and I thought the way he played the guitar and the way the band sounded was just too cool. He was one of the first musical figures I really dug, and probably one of my first exposures to blues rock. I had to wait well over a decade to see Jeff in concert, and I was lucky enough to do so three times. Even luckier was getting to meet him all three times, and getting to hang with him on a couple of those occasions. I read on his site a while ago that cancer had unfortunately struck him again, but he said treatment was going well. In the letter, he seemed in good spirits. It was a shock this evening to hear on the news that he passed away. Thanks for the near-lifetime of memories and the lifetime of music. I'll miss you, Jeff.

----------------
Now playing: Jeff Healey - My Blackbirds Are Bluebirds Now
via FoxyTunes

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

So sad to hear of his passing. I read on TMZ this morning that he was a jazz musician. Although he played jazz in the last few years, he will always be a blues rocker to me.

The Cancer sucks.

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home