Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Just like The Fat Boys before me, I'm comin' back hard again! It's been a while, eh? Well, I've been out of the continent for the past couple of weeks, so that's my excuse. Never got to even touch or see the internet. Not once! I was so busy with our trip, though, that I never really missed any of my usual time-eaters like video games, TV, and the Internet. But, now that I'm back, I can dabble once again.

The trip was ridiculously awesome and ridonculously jam-packed. Every day was an early-rise-late-to-bed affair, with tons of stuff to see, do, and eat (not necessarily in that order).
There's just way too much stuff to cover now. Maybe I'll have to do posts based on certain places, over a span of time. In short, we went to Frankfurt, Rome, Pompeii, Florence, Pisa, Montecacini (I think that's it), Vernazza, Sestri Levante, San Gimignano, Siena, Nice, Monaco, and Paris, and we saw or drove by / over / through many more. It was a marathon of planes, trains, and buses.

It's been tough re-adjusting to normal small-province life. It feels kind of weird (and cold).
The tiredness doesn't help, either. Also, my car did the weird "battery light" thing again today. It did it a while before we left, then was fine, but it came on on the way home today. I just have a sinking feeling that it's not good. Like I'm going to get stranded on the way to or from work either tomorrow or Friday. It's kind of like that "I have a bad feeling about this" Han Solo line.
My car (2002 Civic) had the alternator go in July of '06 (wtf?), and I'm worried it's the same again (over $400). What the hell is wrong with my car? This is some abnormal crap that's goin' down! I hate it. It makes me paranoid and nervous.

Lastly, couldn't anti-seal bashing groups focus their money and effort on something important, like actual endangered or threatened species? Howsabout the plight of frogs worldwide? Or sharks? The Amur leopard? Tigers? Pandas? They're even cuter than the baby seals that don't get clubbed. Putzes.

2 Comments:

Blogger H said...

welcome back!

yeah, people are always wanting to save what is cute and furry rather than the endangered Banff springs snail.

10:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aha! The postcard was from you! You should sign it next time... ;)

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home