Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Holy frig it's a busy time of year. There's so much frigging school stuff to do. Too much work! And I'm sure you all can guess how much I like that.So, in lieu of work, let's get everyone up to speed on a few things of the past couple o' weeks.

My secret visitor
Long-time amie, but never in person, Paige decided to drop by just over a week ago (seems like yesterday!). She arrived with a bouquet of nice flowers, and a cold, which was too bad (the cold, not the flowers). We drove her around the north shore in the prov. park, taking her to Dalvay. We went to eat at the Pilot House, and I then treated her and I to a Grady show in town @ Hunter's! I wish I coulda said a proper see ya, but I didn't have the heart to wake her in the morning. We never even got a picture together! :S At least we got to revel in the rock awesomeness that is Grady, complete with Big Sugar memories and phlegm-loosening bass. How's the cold, Paige?

(I didn't take these two show pics... someone on peilocals did.)

Reggie got da rig, and so do I... almost
The blue Corolla S with the moon roof was sold by that Monday, a couple days after I talked to the owner in S'side. These things are hard to get with a standard tranny! I decided on blue with no moon roof, although I have to wait a while. It was destined for NFLD, but it's coming here to me instead! It gets built on May 20th (A Tuesday, the best day for cars to be built), and should be here by early June! The only thing I don't like so far is the tires prices... so far, from what I see, tires prices are about double that of my current car.

I have always hated Boston... Bruins
That series was too close for comfort. It nearly rekindled the full-on hatred of Boston from my youth. Hopefully Montreal will make short work of Philly. Go, Habs, go! Oft heard during the games now - "Jesus Price, what a save!"


Yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep... un-hunh, un-hunh
Yep Roc's site is once again offering autographed Sloan CDs. I got mine all ordered up. I didn't even know this one was coming! Bless their little musical hearts, those Sloan boys. Ain't much better than new Sloan in the summer. Early June's gonna be sweet!


Two Steel Strings
Why didn't I know this was available in advance? Crap! I'm about a month behind the ball on this one. Ah well. At least it'll be on its way as soon as Shaun gets my SASE & moola! I only wish he picked a diff. pic for the cover. I don't like it nearly as much as some of the others.


WTF?
Mother Nature's gone bung. It's like Christmas outside! There's a poor little robin under the pine out front that's all like, "WTF?!"


Feathered Friends
There's some ducks and geese hangin' around the new ponds out front. I hope some stick around and have some bird babies!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for dropping the ball on the SV CD! I just assumed you were in the know.

And we all know what assuming does...

Mine arrived quickly...and it's great!

I'm PEI-bound tomorrow...niece is in a ballet recital on Sat afternoon. Tomorrow night when we get there we're going to see Saddle River String Band...fun!

12:23 am  
Blogger Steve said...

Saddle River? That's a buddy o' mine's band. Mike Dixon (good blues name!). He'd be the blonde lead-singin' and strummin' guy. he and I used to be in a music history class @ UPEI. Good fella.

7:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to send my SASE for the disc. I'm thinking I'd better get to it!

Awesomely awesome that you finally got to meet Paige!

Kudos on the car!
-Rox

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home