Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, June 15, 2008


Holy shit. It's that time of year again. I'm so deep in marking crap that it's like when a kid craps soft-serve style in their diaper and it comes out the top. See, you can tell I have a ton of important time-sensitive stuff to do, 'cause I'm here. I must have, like, 15 full sets of things to mark or more. I do it to myself, but hey. I can still complain. Plus, there's lots of other end-of-year responsibilities to take care of. Sorting, counting, inventory (how about the entire library? seriously...), cleaning. I think I have to say a few words at the Gr. 8 grad. I don't really want to. Then, the night after our grad, I got invited to be the guest speaker for grad at the school I was at the 2+ years before this. It's not something huge, but since the kids asked for me, I take it as a really big compliment. Now I just have to decide what to write/say! I'll also have to walk the line of serious/useful/funny. Oh crap. The things to do. Plus, I'm trying to sort summer music out in my head, and C and I keep putting off booking our summer road trip! The plan is to go to Quebec City and come back via the Gaspe Peninsula in the new wheels. Any pointers?

Speaking of the new car, I picked it up on Friday! I like it muchly. I mean... I couldn't even wait to go to church this morning! I just wanted to get into it, smell the new car smell, turn the tunes up, and drive.

If you haven't picked up the new Sloan yet, you should. I think it's their best lately. It kind of fits between One Chord To Another and Navy Blues and Navy Blues and Pretty Together. It kind of flows together in spots the way PT does, but it's got the songs and feel that fit more into OCTA and NB. Jay's got this song called "Witch's Wand" in which Scott & Murphy chug along like ABBA, but the tune has enough clapping and rock to keep it in check. Love the piano. Quick, classic-sounding, pretty, & awesome.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this like you were jacked up on coffee...manic!

Nice car, dude! Very Steverinoish.
-Rox

7:20 pm  
Blogger Les said...

Nice car - hey when you're in Quebec look up 'The Lost Fingers' - playing a lot over the next few months around Quebec...guy I went to highschool with is in the group - pretty interesting take on some old tunes :)

http://www.thelostfingers.com

11:43 pm  
Blogger H said...

The thing about Sloan is that they can't write songs about girls anymore... they've got to write songs about women

11:46 am  
Blogger Steve said...

They've got the problems of an adult on their heads and their shoulders. They're adults now!

1:55 pm  
Blogger H said...

THANK YOU. I used my line on Shaun last night and my sister piped in "and their babies!" and the reference was lost on everyone.

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home