Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wow. This is not news. At all. We all knew it from the get-go.

Also, have you heard Harper's comments the other day about arts cuts? Someone needs to grab him by the Lego hair or sweater-vest and smack him senseful. He said the arts cuts are a "'niche' issue that doesn't resonate with 'ordinary' Canadians," and that "ordinary people know you have to live within a budget." Stupid weenie. I wouldn't mind some changes in how funding gets doled out, but to cut it? And to call artistic people non-ordinary freaks? Harsh. So harsh, I have been moved to artfully describe its harshness in a harsh haiku, or "harshku".

Boring gray Harper
I know you play piano
Why hate on the arts?

or

Oh, smarmy arsehole
Don't be such a big arsehole
No arts makes an arse

Here you can read the original full article, and here, you can see what people are saying in a thread about it I may have started.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rox said...

When I was in High School, there were cutbacks and there was no more art and no more drama. This totally changed my life. I could have been a star.

Frigging cutbacks. Frigging Harper and his freaky eyes.

Nice poetry dude!

10:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home