Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Saturday, April 04, 2009


Well, the week ended and we're all alive. Monday we went home early, due to the commenced storm. Tuesday was a storm day, 'cause we got a ridiculous amount of heavy snow overnight. Today, I saw it hit at least 17.5 degrees in the shade in my backyard. Man, that snow's a-retreatin'!

As for my class' new addition, they're def. starting to act up a little and push people's buttons. My only hope is that my kids are grounded enough to not get pulled down by this other one's antics. One piece of hope from Friday was one of my other kids telling them "... you think wrong." I can only hope they're a good influence. Still, I had an afternoon meeting yesterday, and I couldn't wait to go to trivia (which we won) to try the chicken curry nachos I'd heard about. They were good, but I think I can do 'em better.

Oh, by the way... I made you, yes, you, a playlist of Island music. Check it out!

This Wednesday marks my return to hosting trivia. It's smack-dab in the middle of two diff. days of presenting stuff in front of other teachers @ meetings (ie, very busy, short week), and it's not under 100% ideal conditions (start time is late... 9, only 10 beer to give away, etc.). If I woo 'em, I get to keep the regular trivia gig if I want it. If life gets busier next year (possible start of Master's and who knows what else), I may not want it, but it's fun and it's cash in hand. We'll see how it goes.

I'm reveling in some great new music. I picked up Joel Plaskett's Three, Smothered In Hugs' The Healing Power Of Injury, Neko Case's Middle Cyclone, and The Sadies' In Concert: Volume One, plus a couple of others from the library. I also got a book, which should be a great read, as it's a Dave Bidini book: Around the World in 57.5 Gigs.

Let's hope for more good weather, good entertainment, good kids, and good fortune.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home