Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Steverino ex machina.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Charlottetown, PEI, Canada

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Well. What a year it's been here, at Steverinoland. A friend of mine described me, this summer, as being like oatmeal. I didn't like it, but I couldn't argue it. For someone, like him, that doesn't know me very well, I'm pretty safe. I'm pretty normal. Dependable. Like oatmeal.

On the outside, I can see how one would think that. I don't come off as overly dynamic. I'm more the kind of person where you really have to talk with me for a while to see what I'm like. I'm very much a mental (double meaning?) person. Verbal. Literal. Punny. I'm all about the music and language. People would never know, just from looking at me, that I was, say, one degree of separation from The Rolling Stones. You'd never know I was once on national TV. You'd never know that I had (partially) roots in a German part of Russia.

So, as a year-in-review kind of post, especially for those of you that don't know me that well, or are new to my blog... here's a wee year in review.

Definitely a year full of some BIG (and not so big) things. Who knew, eh?

As you may well expect, I'm thinking about top songs and albums of the year. Lists will come soon! Tonight, it's the cuz's for NYE. Happy New Year, fellow bloggerinos!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chunks said...

Oatmeal?!! When I think of Oatmeal I think hot, lumpy and sticks to your ribs. Well, I hardly know ya but I wouldn't compare you to Oatmeal!! (Not that you're not hot LOL!) Did this friend mean White Bread? Maybe Vanilla?

Are you Mick's illegitimate son? LOL.

I liked your year in review and remembered reading most of these posts! May you continue to have big and little things in your life. After all, that's what life is all about.

You gave away the DOG?!

5:57 pm  
Blogger Steve said...

No, Mick and I have no relation. In fact, we share the same degree of separation from The RS. Think about it.

As for the doggie, yeah. Our cat really did not get along with him. Plus, we (especially I) found him very needy (and yappy) in terms of wanting to play and making us get up early. Mostly, it was cat-related, though. Our cat's quality of living went way down, and the stress went way up. It's the best this way. C's ma (who turned him down first, before we got him) reeeeally wanted him. They take him all kinds of places, love him to bits, and we see him often. It's the best situation all-round!

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home